Sunday, November 1, 2020

Started doing Yoga

 After Covid-work-from-home-but-not-much-work-and-so-weight-gain-and-slow-brain, I finally decided to do something new. Bought a Yoga mat last week and been doing Yoga, half hour every morning,  by watching a youtube online. Today was the 5th day and already I am noticing that

1)I seem to be more energetic, more interested in doing chores around the house instead of having that lethargic feeling which I seem to be born with

2)I have a stomach pain.....the pain is in a 'line' and I feel it's the fat which is paining than any internal organs..

3)the back of my thighs and shins ached today but not bad.

4) My body seems to do still be able to do things which I thought I cannot

but I am also not able to do things which I thought I could...such as standing on one foot, with folded hands for a few seconds.

I hope I continue this routine all through my life...it's unlikely as I never follow through with things but I am going to try my best. I have reached the age when south asians develop diabetes and hypertension and I hope to avoid that as I love sweets and hate taking tablets!

I picked the Yoga mat at either Marshall's or winners and paid 20$ plus tax I think....See what I mean by slow brain...I simply cannot recall where I bought this mat and the exact amount I paid for it, though it was less than a week ago!

I googled Yoga for beginners and this Yoga with Adriene popped up. I am enjoying it and happy with her way of teaching, her pleasantness, the relaxed non-pushy, way she's teaching. 

I pray I have enough self-discipline to stick with this!

My dad who died last year at the age of 83 had been doing Yoga all his life, till he died....he tried to get us to do but we never did. I wish I had started Yoga when he was around or at least told/lied to  him that I did and made him happy! He had over 100 books on Yoga in Kannada and English but none of us ever read them. .Now I would like to read them, but my family has given them all away, after he died. Too bad for me, but I am glad, that I have started it now, at least...better late than never.

I just recalled, one of my sisters, did do Yoga during her pregnancy as she had back ache and she said it stopped her back pain completely. I am hoping my other siblings too do Yoga

No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...