Sunday, May 16, 2021

Pretty River Provincial Park May 15, 2021

 


Googled for this flower and discovered that it's called 'Jack in the pulpit'! Such an unusual name! Apparently though a wild flower, it can be grown in gardens with the right soil, etc. The roots are supposed to be edible if cooked properly, it seems.

Above: I think this may be an orchid. I have never seen this flower, anywhere else, though I have been hiking for many years in Ontario parks. I saw this in the Pretty River Valley.

I don't know the name of this yellow flower, with head bent like a shy bride and spotted leaves. I have seen this in a few other parks too. It's lovely and Difficult to photograph as it's face is always stooped toward the earth!


Above and below are trilliums ...maroon and white. I have seen trilliums before, but never so many together as I did at Pretty River








No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...