Monday, May 10, 2021

Heart Lake Conservation Park, Brampton (May 7, 2021)

 Visited Heart Lake Conservation Pak in Brampton, on Friday to enjoy my husband's last day of vacation which was a staycation due to Covid. It was still too cool to enjoy the walk. There were hardly any people. We saw the lovely lake and envied the people living in the huge mansions by the lake. I wonder who lives there. We saw a few people fishing too.

Here are a few photos. 



I really liked this stone wall by the lake...






I also like this wall made by arranging sacks of ? sand. It's strong, made of free and locally sourced material and does not require too much skill or labour cost. I wonder why this is not done in India. Why do people spend money they don't have to build walls of cement. Cement which is expensive and costs in transport and also creates a lot of pollution during the manufacturing stage.

Below is another wall by the lake made by arranging rocks in wire.


the Heart shaped lake is a Kettle lake. Here is a description from the park for those who would like to know what a Kettle lake is. 

Below is an explanation of the water cycle for any kids interested in it. These educational and interesting boards were also by the lake. 




No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...