Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A week's getaway at Victoria harbour by Sturgeon Bay! (June 20 to June 27)

 a friend invited me to stay at her daughter's house by the Sturgeon Bay in Victoria Harbour. 

Decided to be really relaxed and so applied for vacation instead of 'working from home'.

Having a great time. 

The loveliest thing about this house are that the bay is in the back of the house. the bedroom and living room have huge glass wall-door and we can look at the bay all the time...day and night. we can see the sunrise across the waters and day-break is lovely! It's also so quiet on this street, the constant din of Toronto traffic is absent here and feels so peaceful! The weather is perfect...does not feel hot and humid like it did in Toronto, not too cold or too hot. 

Neighbours are so friendly and great! Every house here seems to have at least 3-4 boats (boat, canoe, paddle boat, etc), deck to the bay, firepits, barbecue, etc in their enormous (enormous by Toronto standards) backyards. 

Saw a turtle on someone's lawn when walking in the morning. 

Saw a few rabbits and a cute baby one I spotted only because the dog I was walking spotted it and went after it(I pulled him back and the baby escaped to safety). 

Saw plenty of lovely flowers by rural Tay trail and in the home I am staying in. 

Here are a few photos.

above is the Sturgeon Bay behind the home I am staying at. Below are the lotus flowers growing steps from the backyard
below is the morning light view  from the  house.
Below are flowers from the garden. 









Below are lovely flowers on the Tay trail nearby

Below, the same frog in three photos...I have seen frogs on lotus leaves only in clip art, comics and photos; but for the first time, I actually saw a frog on a lily pad and am excited to see it!




above: me reading and relaxing ...the only sounds were the breeze and red winged blackbirds, swooping around. 

sitting on the ? jetty ? pier and dangling my legs in the water..water  was warm and comfy...

above: sunrise on Sturgeon Bay June 22, 2021 around 5.30am from backyard of my (temporary) residence


No comments:

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...