Saturday, June 18, 2016

Subramanyaswamy temple and Kalyani, Ulsoor, Bangalore

The Subramanya Swamy temple in Ulsoor is near the famous Someshwara temple. This  also is an ancient temple .






















This ancient Kalyani below was discovered in recent years in Bangalore near the Subramanya swamy temple. The corrupt Karnataka government tried to sell it to private land dealers who wanted to fill the Kalyani with landfill and build over it. The people of Ulsoor fought to save it.



Now January 2016, I am sitting in my office in Toronto looking at these pictures. I am recalling the wonderful warm sunshine on me as I was visiting these Bangalore temples. I really miss the Bangalore heat. I am hating this Toronto Chill...it's minus one celcius now and I wish I was back in the Bangalore sunshine! 

1 comment:

Swapna said...

The update is good thanks for the blog.
Online Cabs Bangalore

I will never go to Bombey Bhel at Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada ever again! It's an expensive rip off, serving sub-par tasting food!

 Today, October 14, 2023 I got chicken vindaloo paying 22$...All I got was 2 small pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of potato....and. very averag...